Florida Pesticide Licensing & CEUs
For specific pesticide license information see below. Each link provides details on obtaining and renewing a specific certification. Included are details about any necessary study manuals, study guides (if any), and the costs of the testing and renewal.
- 1. When are the exams?
- 2. Are exam study guides available?
- 3. Do you need a pesticide certification?
- 4. Which pesticide license do you need?
- 5. How do you renew your license?
- 6. How many CEUs are needed for renewal?
- 7. How long will it be before the scores are posted online?
- 8. Where do I find my pesticide exam score?
Exams are given at the Hillsbourough County Extension Office at 9am on the third Tuesday of every month. There is no need to register in advance. You must provide a valid, current form of state identification to verify your identity.
Study guides are available for some exams:
Return to top
Do you need a pesticide certification or license?
The State of Florida requires that most professionals that apply pesticides as part of their job be certified to legally apply ANY pesticides (even Round-Up). Who must be certified and the type of certification required depends on the type of chemicals used, the site of application and the role of the applicator.
See the above links for a basic explanation of how each license can be used.
See this helpful diagram to find out.
Re-certification is required before a license can be renewed. This can be accomplished by either:
- Accumulating the required number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) during the license period or within 60 days after the expiration date of the certificate.
See the above links for renewal details for each specific license.
Select your specific Licensing / Certification information below:
- Agricultural Animal
- Agricultural Row Crop
- Agricultural Tree Crop
- Limited Commercial Maintenance
- Limited Lawn & Ornamental
- Limited Structural
- Natural Areas
- Ornamental & Turf
- Natural Areas
- Pest Control Operator
- Private Applicator
- Public Health
- Soil & Greenhouse
The Bureau of Compliance Monitoring Web site.
4 weeks or so.
Where can you find CEU classes?
Hillsborough County Extension has multiple opportunities for convenient Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- Integrated Pest Management and pesticide safety videos - 2 Core CEUs
- Multiple Ornamental Outlook articles with questions you answer and send in - 1 Core CEU
- Aquatic Pest Control Applicator Training Part I and II Videos - 1 Aquatic CEU
- "Mole crickets and Enemies of Mole Crickets" Bug Tutorials CD: 2 CEUs total, may be split in the following categories: Commercial Lawn & Ornamental, Ornamental & Turf, Limited Lawn & Ornamental, Private Applicator, Agricultural Row Crop.
- West Central Florida pesticide CEU training dates and times.
- Online CEU Opportunities
- Available CEU Class Search - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Online & Distance Pesticide CEUs
- JPC Enterprises: CEUWeb.com
- National Pest Management Association, Inc
- Ornamental Outlook
- St. Lucie County
- UF/IFAS Florida Training and CEU Tutorials
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 5E-14: Entomology - Pest Control Regulations
- Licensing and Certification - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Limited Certification Application Instructions for Commercial Landscape Maintenance (216KB pdf)
- Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Pesticide Certification & Licensing - Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Study Guides, Materials and Manuals