Agriculture Tree Crop
Florida Pesticide License
The Florida Agricultural Tree Crop Pesticide License is available either as a Public certification, for those applicators that apply pesticides to row crops and that work for federal, state, county or municipal public agencies, or as a Commercial certification for contractors.
The Florida Agricultural Tree Crop Pesticide Certification Exam requires a passing grade (70%), and a passing grade (70%) on the General Standards (CORE) Exam.Please see Core Exam FAQ. This certification must be renewed every 4 years either by testing or with 12 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Contact the County Extension Office in your county to determine the dates and times of pesticide testing.
A helpful resource is the UF/IFAS publication Licensing of Agricultural Tree Crop Pesticide Applicators in Florida
License Application: $100 for Public category, $250 for Commercial category
License Renewal: $100 for Public category, $250 for Commercial category
The Renewal period is every 4 years. 12 total Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are needed for renewal:
- 8 CEUs in the Ag Tree Crop category
- 4 CEUs in the CORE category.
Note: 1 CEU equals 50 minutes of classroom time.
This is a State of Florida certification issued by the Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC), a division of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). If you need more information or have a problem, call the Bureau at 850-921-4177, 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
These study manuals are available from the IFAS Bookstore in Gainesville, either by ordering online or by calling 1-800-226-1764. Credit card orders should arrive in 4-5 days.
These materials are also available on a walk-in basis at the Hillsborough County Extension Office. Call ahead to be sure of availability.
- Applying Pesticides Correctly: A Guide for Pesticide Applicators (CORE) (SM-1). Also called the "CORE Manual".
- Agriculture Tree Crop Pest Control (Agriculture Tree Crop Exam) (SM-63).
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 5E-14: Entomology - Pest Control Regulations
- Licensing and Certification - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Limited Certification Application Instructions for Commercial Landscape Maintenance (216KB pdf)
- Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Pesticide Certification & Licensing - Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Study Guides, Materials and Manuals