Florida Pesticide License:
The Florida Private Applicator License, is available only to private individuals applying pesticides to their own property or to property rented, leased to them or to their employer.
The Florida Private Applicator Certification Exam requires a passing grade (70%) on the Private Applicator Exam and a passing grade (70%) on the General Standards (CORE) Exam. Please see Core Exam FAQ. This certification must be renewed every 4 years either by testing or with 8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
A helpful resource is the UF/IFAS publication Licensing of Private Pesticide Applicators in Florida
The Renewal period is every 4 years. 8 total Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are needed for renewal:
- 4 CEUs in each appropriate category
- 4 CEUs in the CORE category.
Note: 1 CEU equals 50 minutes of classroom time.
This is a State of Florida certification issued by the Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM), a division of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). If you need more information or have a problem, call the Bureau at 850-488-8731, or by fax at 850-488-8498, 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
These study manuals are available from the IFAS Bookstore in Gainesville, either by ordering online or by calling 1-800-226-1764. Credit card orders should arrive in 4-5 days.
- Applying Pesticides Correctly: A Guide for Pesticide Applicators (CORE) (SM-1). Also called the "CORE Manual".
- Private Applicator Agricultural Pest Control (CORE) (SM-53).
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 5E-14: Entomology - Pest Control Regulations
- Licensing and Certification - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Limited Certification Application Instructions for Commercial Landscape Maintenance (216KB pdf)
- Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Pesticide Certification & Licensing - Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Study Guides, Materials and Manuals