Florida Pesticide License:
Pest Control Operator
The Florida Pest Control Operator License, is available only to Commercial Contractors applying pesticides to their customers' properties. This certification is only available to those with documentation of 3 years experience working "under" someone with the same category of this certification. There are 4 different categories within this certification: General Household Pest (GHP), Lawn & Ornamental (L&O), Termite, and Fumigation.
The Florida Pest Control Operator Certification Exam requires a passing grade (75%). This certification must be renewed annually either by testing or with 2 CORE Continuing Education Units (CEUs) plus 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per category.
Contact the County Extension Office in your county to determine the dates and times of pesticide testing. Exam Prep Classes may be available in your area.
The Renewal period is annually. Renewal is due by June 1st of each year. After July 1st, there will be a $50.00 late fee. The license cannot be renewed after 180 days beyond June 1st. 4 total Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are needed for renewal:
- 2 CEUs in each appropriate category
- 2 CEUs in the CORE category.
Note: 1 CEU equals 50 minutes of classroom time.
This is a State of Florida certification issued by the Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC), a division of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). If you need more information or have a problem, call the Bureau at 850-921-4177, 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
The study materials vary according to which of the four catergories within this certificaton is being pursued. For a complete listing of materials see Florida Pest Control Operator Exam Dates and Information.
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 5E-14: Entomology - Pest Control Regulations
- Licensing and Certification - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Limited Certification Application Instructions for Commercial Landscape Maintenance (216KB pdf)
- Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Pesticide Certification & Licensing - Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Study Guides, Materials and Manuals