Expanded Food & Nutrition Program
- Food Production
- Food Preparation
- Food Safety
- Food and Cultural Traditions
- Diet, Fitness, and Health
- Breakfast Burrito (12KB pdf)
- Ants on a Log (11KB pdf)
- English Muffin Pizza(11KB pdf)
- Sloppy Dogs(11KB pdf)
- Strawberry Smoothie(11KB pdf)
- Worms in Dirt (11KB pdf)
- Granola Peanut Butter Balls(11KB pdf)
The following MyPyramid materials were designed specifically for children aged 6 to 11 and are from the www.MyPyramid.gov website.
- MyPyramid Blast Off Game
An interactive computer game where kids can reach Planet Power by fueling their rocket with food and physical activity. “Fuel” tanks for each food group help students keep track of how their choices fit into MyPyramid
- Tour MyPyramid Blast Off Game
Short animation that takes you on a tour of the MyPyramid Blast Off game.
- Color MyPyramid (pdf; print and color)
- How much does it cost? The information is free. Some tasting sessions have a small fee.
- Where do you get the nutrition information? All the information is research based and provided from the Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- How long are the sessions? 1 to 2 hours
- Is there any hands on food preparations? Yes, we believe in "Learn by Doing."
- Does the program involve physcial activity? Yes!
Providence Park, Bloomingdale West, Turkey Creek, University Park Area, Mort, Temple Park, Kenly, Timberlane, Winston
Public and Private Schools
St. Joseph Catholic School
Central City, First Baptist Church, Palm River