How to Volunteer
There are many opportunities to volunteer with the Hillsborough County 4-H program.
Could I be a 4-H Volunteer?
- Do you enjoy working with youth ages 5-18?
- Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others?
- Are you willing to offer your time?
- Will you gain satisfaction of knowing that you will be a member of the largest youth organization in the world?
How Can I Share My Talents?
- County, District, and State 4-H Events
- Sponsor a county 4-H Club
- Offer assistance with special events (Day Camps, Fair Displays, Fun Days)
- Provide your expertise as a judge
- Chaperone summer camps, etc.
How will I be contacted about volunteering for programs in the County?
- As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to volunteer for specific individual programs or as a club volunteer. You will be placed on a contact list which will be distributed to the 4-H club leaders in the county. This will allow club leader to contact you about club events that you might be interested in helping with.
- The 4-H office will also keep a contact list with all registered volunteers. These volunteers will be contacted regarding county wide programs.
- To keep up-to-date with 4-H programs in the county, check the Hillsborough County 4-H website and "Hillsboruogh County 4-H Happenings" newsletter for events that you would be interested in volunteering for.
How Can I register to become a Hillsborough County 4-H Volunteer?
- Contact one of our 4-H Agents on how to apply to become a 4-H volunteer. The 4-H agent will provide you with detailed instructions on the application process.
- Because the Florida Cooperative Extension Service and the Hillsborough County 4-H Program take seriously our obligation to provide a safe atmosphere for all persons involved in youth activities, the 4-H Agents will make an inquiry to the proper authorities to determine if an applicant has any history relating to crimes against any person or child abuse.
- References will be checked.
- Upon acceptance as a Hillsborough County 4-H volunteer, you will be given your appointment letter, 4-H Volunteer Card, and will be added to the e-mail list for "Hillsborough County 4-H Happenings" newsletter.